Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Magic Fingers


So for the last eight or nine years, my wife and I have been getting deep tissue massage once or twice a month. I'm a big believer in this kind of therapy, and it has markedly alleviated aches and pains, sped healing, and given me, I believe, a sense of overall wellness I wouldn't have otherwise.

I think staying ahead of illness is better than trying to cure it once you catch it, ounce of prevention and all, and getting rid of built-up somatic stress is an altogether good thing. Not to mention that it feels great.

Our therapist is Diana Hengerer, and no, she doesn't offer "happy endings!" She is also an accomplished musician -- plays guitar, mandolin, and fiddle -- and has been in various bands over the years, including running her own. Likes dogs, too.

If you are in the Portland, Oregon, or surrounding area and you are considering having some hands-on bodywork done, Diana is absolutely top-notch.

No comments: