Sunday, February 13, 2011

Link to My Martial Arts Content


Now and then, I will post here a tidbit on martial arts, usually when it is something that is more generally accessible to an audience not steeped in my art, Silat Sera. Stuff that people might find interesting and mayhaps useful, regarding things like guns, knives, or push-coming-to-shove, like that. I'm not an expert, but I can offer what I know, and in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man and all like that. 


There is a link down there in my list to my other blog, which started out as a placeholder for Maha Guru Plinck's web-presence when his server died, but which has grown a bit because I've started posting articles more specific to silat on that site. Lot of bits I would put up here now go there instead. Once in a while, I'll put up something both places, but mostly it's hither or yon.


The silat guys who come here know about it, as do some other folks into things martial, but just a heads-up for those of you who might not: If you have any interest in such things, that's the place to drop round and have a look. 


There are articles done by Todd and Tiel regarding some basics; some history that I've cobbled together; some postings that speak to the philosophy and/or physical aspects of our art. Even a couple of videos, the most recent of which is a quick primer in how to count the waves on a keris. Never know when that will come in handy. 


It's a niche page, and you'll get more out of it if you already have some idea of what I'm talking about, but it's also a resource for folks who want to know more and can't find it elsewhere. This is not to get into conflict with other Silat Sera folks who offer their versions; however,  it is my bias that what I offer is more accurate with regard to what we do than what you'll find in most other places, and better-written, too. 


Pukulan Pentjak Silat Sera Plinck.

No comments: