Sunday, May 08, 2011

ePub Roadblock


Yesterday I uploaded the latest backlist book to Smashwords.


Only, there were 3600 books ahead of me in the queue. Seriously, three thousand six hundred and change. 


Lot of folks getting into publishing. 


I let it grind, and this morning, it finally made it to the top of the list. Except ...


There was a formatting error–I wanted an indent for graphs and a couple points spacing after each one, and Smashwords says it's one or the other. 


Swell. 


So I had to choose which, fix it, and re-submit it–going with the indent this time–and guess what? Another three thousand books are ahead of me ...


NOTE: In theory, anyone who bought the earlier version with the goof can download a clean version. If you want to do this and for some reason cannot, let me know and I'll replace your copy.

4 comments:

Brad said...

Seeing what I can do to put you higher on the list.

Steve Perry said...

Thanks, Brad. Can you read the file okay?

Brad said...

Yep. So far it seems just fine. Looks like any other eBook I've read, as far as format.

Brad said...

Ran into a problem. End of Chapter 9, the book starts all over again.

As much as I'm enjoying it, I'm not ready to re-read it yet.

You might want to fix that.