Friday, May 31, 2013

Here You Go ...


I'm thinking this is a joke, on a par with the banana-slicer, but maybe not, who can tell these days? A holder for a Whopper™?

Are we raising a nation of people too weak to hold up their hamburgers?

It reminded me of an old story my brother used to tell, back when Burger King's ads touted that it "took two hands to handle a Whopper™!"

Local police arrested a fellow for assault, and so the tale went, this was a man who was quite well off, at least partially due to a lawsuit settled in his favor. Seems he got into an argument with a glass shower door, I don't recall the particulars, and the door shattered and his arm was cut so badly it had to be amputated.

Seems some time later this guy was out and about and got into a discussion with somebody who wanted to give him grief. According to my brother, the conversation went something like this: "Yeah, you're hot shit rich and all, you have money and cars and women, but you better stay out of Burger King!"

"Really? Why is that?"

"Cuz it takes two hands to handle a Whopper™!"

Whereupon the rich guy used his remaining arm to deck the other guy ...

I probably wouldn't have convicted him had I been on the jury, if it got that far.

Dunno if it's true, but you never let truth stand in the way of a good story. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back in the day, I had a buddy who used that line as a catchphrase....
every time he walked into the men's room. :-)